Twitter Updates 2.2: FeedWitter

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Illuminate by Aimee Agresti

Release Date: March 6th, 2012

Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Author Info: Website & Twitter

Age Group: Young Adult

Pages: 534 pages

Buy it Here:  Amazon 

Our Rating: 4 stars 

Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything changes when she is awarded a prestigious internship at a posh Chicago hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous strangers: the powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit.

As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel?


When I started this book I wasn't even sure that I would finish it. It started out slow and I was worried that it wouldn't pick up or be able to hold my interest, however it managed to surprise me. Once it started to pick up it quickly took off and I found myself hooked. One of my favorite aspects of the book was that it took a little while to put all the pieces together and figure out exactly what was going on. The reader can tell very quickly that something isn't right, but it takes a little while before its revealed exactly what kind of secrets are being hidden. Although the book manages to wrap things up pretty nicely it definitely leaves you wanting more & I can't wait to start book two!

No comments:

Post a Comment