Twitter Updates 2.2: FeedWitter

Friday, March 21, 2014

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Release Date: June 4th, 2013

Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.

Author Info: Goodreads, Website, Twitter

Age Group: Young Adult

Pages: 432 pages

Buy it Here: Amazon

Our Rating:  4 1/2 stars

Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.


After finishing Shadow and Bone I was eager to read this book and I was not disappointed! I love how Alina seems to be getting more comfortable with her powers & with her role in what is going on. There were several points in the book where I was worried that Alina was letting this power corrupt her, but she always caught herself before she went too far. I really didn't like Mal in this book, I thought he acted like a complete jerk the entire time & I really wish that Alina would have kicked him to the curb. He was needy & didn't support Alina at all as she adjusted to her new responsibilities.

 Just as I feel out of love/like with Mal I feel completely in love with Nikolai. He was funny, strong, & exactly what Alina needed. I feel like they would make the perfect power couple and I think they are a much better match than Mal & Alina could ever be. Honestly, Nikolai alone is reason enough to read the book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment