Twitter Updates 2.2: FeedWitter

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Dangerous by Shannon Hale

Release Date: March 4th, 2014

Publisher: Bloomsbury

Author Info: Goodreads & Website

Age Group: Young Agult

Pages: 400 pages

Buy it Here: Amazon

Our Rating:  3 1/2 stars


Maisie Danger Brown just wanted to get away from home for a bit, see something new. She never intended to fall in love. And she never imagined stumbling into a frightening plot that kills her friends and just might kill her, too. A plot that is already changing life on Earth as we know it. There's no going back. She is the only thing standing between danger and annihilation.

From NY Times bestselling author Shannon Hale comes a novel that asks, How far would you go to save the ones you love? And how far would you go to save everyone else?


Years ago I read The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale & I thought it was a cute, easy read. I was excited to read this book, mostly because I thought the cover was so cool! After checking out some of the reviews on Goodreads, which I don't normally do, I was a little unsure if I would enjoy the book or not. I was glad that the book didn't disappoint, at least not completely. 

One of the things that I loved about this book was how it was hard to identify who the bad guys really were. One of them was obvious but it was hard to tell if that person (I'm not going to say who) was the only enemy that Maisie had. There were a few surprising twists that kept my attention & I thought the main story was good. What I did not like was how Masie's love life & her relationship with Wilder seemed to often take center stage. First, it was really hard to tell if Wilder was a good guy or a bad guy. Second, with everything else that was going on I feel like focusing so much attention on this "relationship" and its drama kind of took away from the main storyline. I was definitely disappointed by the balance but I still managed to enjoy the book. 

*By the Book Reviews received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. We were in no way compensated for featuring it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment