Twitter Updates 2.2: FeedWitter

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Forever Buckhorn: Gabe/Jordan by Lori Foster

Release Date: January 31st, 2012 (originally released in 2002)

Publisher: HQN Books

Author Info: Goodreads, Twitter, & Website

Age Group: Adult

Pages: 432 pages

Buy it Here: Amazon

Our Rating: 5 stars

Gabe - Gabe Kasper, the heartthrob of Buckhorn County, Kentucky, can have any woman he wants. But it's prickly, uptight Elizabeth Parks who gets under his skin. She thinks Gabe's some kind of hero and wants an interview for her thesis. He doesn't consider pulling a couple of kids out of the lake heroic, but he'll answer her questions in exchange for kisses...and more.


Jordan - Jordan Somerville thinks he wants a woman who's a paragon of virtue. But then the gentle veterinarian - rescuer of strays - meets Georgia Barnes, single mother and exotic dancer. She's a far cry from Jordan's dream woman - and she's made it clear that he's hardly her dream man, either. So why is he suddenly tempted to break all his own rules?


After falling so completely in love with Sawyer and then Morgan in the first book I wasn't sure that I had enough room left in my heart for Gabe & Jordan. I am very happy to say I was proven wrong. 

The first story focuses on Gabe, who seemed to be the biggest lady's man of the bunch. He and Elizabeth seem to be such polar opposites that their initial interactions are comical. Things definitely change quickly & it was fun to watch the two of them fall for each other, while both trying to tell themselves its just a casual thing. Elizabeth has some past trauma that she is finally able to deal with, partially thanks to Gabe, and he is able to realize that settling down really isn't so crazy of an idea. 


Jordan's story might be my favorite of the four (although it could just be because I read it last & it is freshest in my mind lol). I thought he was compassionate & intense, calm yet willing to go a little crazy for something/someone he cared about. Georgia was used to taking care of everyone else, so it was cute to see her struggle with Jordan coming in and trying to take care of her. I thought they were the perfect pair & I loved how Jordan & the rest of the family immediately made her kids & mom feel loved. When they mentioned Georgia's crazy ex-inlaws I was kind of expecting them to show up at some point, trying to take the kids away again, with Jordan (and his family) swooping in to help save them. I was a little disappointed that didn't happen, because I thought it would have added some more excitement, but I still loved the story!

Both of these stories were well written and filled with love, laughter, and oh so sexy! The way it ended was perfect! As soon as I finished I just HAD to read the next book, featuring Casey, so I immediately downloaded it from Amazon! These books are so good that I couldn't wait another second to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment