Twitter Updates 2.2: FeedWitter

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Need by Carrie Jones

Release Day: December 23rd, 2008

Publisher: Bloomsbury

Author Info: Goodreads & Website

Age Group: Young Adult

Pages: 306 pages

Buy it Here: Amazon

Series Info: Book 1 in the Need series 

Our Rating: 5 stars

Pain shoots through my head. Fireworks. Explosions. All inside my brain. The white world goes dark and I know what's about to happen.


Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear.


This book popped up as a Goodreads recommendation & I decided to take a look! I didn't look up anything about it first or even read the description so I had no idea what to expect. The cover kind of made me think vampires & I definitely had a feeling there would be some type of supernatural element to the story. 

I was pleasantly surprised when the book focused on pixies & thankfully made no mention of vampires (I'm a little bit burnt out on the vampire stories). I liked the inclusion of all the phobias, the majority of which I had never heard of!  I felt like there were several aspects of the book that were predictable & it was easy for me to guess how some things were going to turn out. In the beginning it seems a little hard for Zara to tell which boy she should trust (Nick or Ian) & I was happy to find out that my judgements of the two boys proved to be right. I definitely think this is a good series to read if you are into paranormal stories! I'm excited to read book #2!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment