Twitter Updates 2.2: FeedWitter

Friday, September 19, 2014

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Release Date: March 5th, 2002

Publisher: Avon

Author Info: Goodreads, Twitter, Website

Genre: Romance, Chick-Lit, Sports Romance

Pages: 376 pages

Buy it Here: Amazon


Our Rating: 5 stars

What if a woman who knows nothing about sports inherits a professional football team? The Windy City definitely isn't ready for Phoebe Somerville, the outrageous York knockout who’s taking over their home town team. And Phoebe is definitely not prepared for the Stars' head coach Dan Calebow, a sexist jock taskmaster with a one-track mind. This is the book that began it all. The Chicago Stars are about to take the field... and they’re not the only ones playing for keeps.

This is my first book by author Susan Elizabeth Phillips and I have to say I enjoyed every page! I loved Phoebe at first because of her personality and how outrageous she was, but once Phillips went deeper into her past & her character I fell even more in love with every flaw & every circumstance she had dealt with. I loved Dan although he was definitely a jerk at times, but their chemistry was amazing! I thought they were absolutely perfect together! 

I loved the entire storyline, I am a big football fan so I enjoyed that aspect of the story. I also thought that the excitement of someone wanted to hurt Dan was an interesting addition to the story! I honestly liked this book so much I'd read it again right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment