Twitter Updates 2.2: FeedWitter

Monday, September 8, 2014

The Rejected Suitor by Teresa McCarthy

Release Date: April 6, 2004

Publisher: Signet

Author Info: Goodreads & Website

Age Group: Adult

Pages: 228 pages

Buy it Here: Amazon

Our Rating:  4 stars

A tale of love and intrigue during the era of Jane Austen and Napoleon Bonaparte.

Lady Emily Clearbrook secretly loved Jared, the Earl of Stonebridge, but one day, he left her without a word. Now, years later, Emily’s four brawny brothers have decided she needs to marry. With no idea about Emily's past love, the Clearbrook brothers ask their friend, Lord Stonebridge, to guard Lady Emily from unfit suitors until they find her a proper husband. With his dangerous past, the last thing Stonebridge needs is to be watchdog to Lady Emily. But he certainly cannot tell her brothers that the person Emily needs the most protection from is himself!


There were a lot of things that I really liked about this book. I loved the time period & setting that it took place in. I loved the spy aspect of it and how little things were thrown in here and there. I also loved the back story between Emily & Jared and I couldn't wait to see them finally get together!! The only real negative of the story was that parts of it seemed to really drag on for longer than necessary. I found myself skimming through some parts, which is not typical for me. 

If you are in the mood for a historical romance I would definitely suggest checking this book out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment