Twitter Updates 2.2: FeedWitter

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Picture Book Sunday: The Boy in Number Four by Kara Kootstra

Illustrated by:Regan Thomson

Release Date:
October 2, 2014

Publisher:
Dial

Pages:
32 pages

Buy it Here:
Amazon

Bobby Orr played in the NHL with the Boston Bruins for ten seasons leading them to two Stanley Cup victories. He also played with the Chicago Black Hawks for two more— all the while wearing jersey number 4. In the Boy in Number Four, readers will get a glimpse of this hockey legend as a boy and discover the hard work, commitment, and fun it takes to make a dream into a reality.

This book also includes an afterword by Bobby Orr with an inspirational message for kids today.  
 

I've never really gotten into hockey. The area I live in is more focused on football & basketball, so I never had much reason to watch. In recent years I've gotten more interested in it & I thought this book gave kids a glimpse into the game of hockey. I thought it was a cute book & I liked the afterword by Bobby Orr!

*By the Book Reviews received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. We were in no way compensated for featuring it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment