Twitter Updates 2.2: FeedWitter

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Release Date: January 10th, 2012

Publisher: Dutton Books

Author Info: Goodreads, Twitter, & Website

Pages: 318 pages

Genre: Young Adult

Buy it Here: Amazon

Our Rating: 5 stars!

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Honestly, I had avoided reading this story because there was so much hype surrounding it & I was afraid that it might disappoint. When browsing my library's new arrivals I spotted this in the "Express Checkout Section" (meaning you only got it for 7 days & the fines were ridiculous).  I decided that since the movie was coming out on DVD soon, and I always like to read the book before I see the movie (so that I can confirm that the book is indeed superior, which it almost always is!) I would give this book a try. I finished it in two days. I could have easily finished it in one, but I got a little emotional & had to stop. I really connected with a lot of things in this book & some of the things made me feel like I was reliving things I have experienced, which made me really emotional when reading. 

All of the characters were wonderfully unique & it was impossible not to connect with at least one of them. John Green does an incredible job weaving a story that is impossible not to fall in love with. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment